Be renowned in Europe for your environmental care
If you've set your sights on Europe, our services can help you comply with the ErP Directive, formerly known as the EuP (Energy-using Products) Directive and also known as the Ecodesign Directive.
In October 2009, the European Commission (EC) published a framework Directive for energy-related products, thereby extending the scope of application to products that use, generate, transfer and measure energy. This includes products under the previous scope (e.g. electrical appliances) as well as other products such as windows and insulation.
The ErP Directive only provides the regulatory framework for ecodesign. The specific compliance requirements are detailed in the Implementing Measures (IM) published by the EC.
Each IM defines the compliance requirements for a specific product group or function. According to the requirements of the Directive, a product covered by the published Implementing Measures has to be affixed with a CE marking (a manufacturer’s declaration of compliance to relevant EU regulations) before being placed on the market.
Our services at a glance
Our experts have conducted extensive and in-depth studies into the requirements of the ErP Directive and the IMs. We can support you with:
- Testing and evaluation according to the various requirements outlined in the Implementing Measures
Technical documentation support
- We provide technical documentation support to ensure the smooth facilitation of your product’s entry into the EU market
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Establishing a product’s ecological profile is an effective means to show the environmental impact of a product and improve its marketability
Attestation of Conformity
- We provide attestation of conformity to verify the compliance of your products to the Directive
Published Implementing Measures (IM):
- EC 1275/2008: Standby off / off mode energy consumption
- EC 107/2009: Simple set-top box
- EC 244/2009: Non-direction household lamps
- EC 245/2009: Fluorescent lamp, ballast, luminary
- EC 278/2009: External PSU
- EC 640/2009: Electric motor
- EC 641/2009: Circulator
- EC 642/2009: Television
- EC 643/2009: Household refrigerator
- EC 1015/2010: Domestic washing machine
- EC 1016/2010: Domestic dishwasher
- EC 327/2011: Fan (125W – 500kW)